Skip to main content

Medicare Visits


Preventive healthcare is important in every season of life, but it only grows more critical as you age. And, fortunately, if you have Medicare, an annual trip to RescueMD to screen you for any conditions and work on your personalized health plan is covered. The team offers Medicare visits at their office Allen, Texas. Schedule yours today by calling the office or using the online booking tool.


Medicare Visits Q & A

What is a Medicare visit?

"Medicare visits" typically refer to medical appointments covered by the Medicare program, which is a federal health insurance program primarily for people aged 65 and older, as well as certain younger individuals with disabilities or end-stage renal disease. Medicare covers a wide range of healthcare services, including preventive care, diagnostic tests, treatments, and hospital stays.

Medicare beneficiaries can use their coverage for various types of medical appointments, including routine check-ups, preventive screenings, sick visits, consultations with specialists, and follow-up visits for ongoing medical conditions.

Medicare offers an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) as a preventive service to eligible beneficiaries. This visit focuses on preventive care, health assessments, personalized health advice, and the development of a personalized prevention plan. It does not include a physical exam but may involve reviewing medical and family history, measuring height, weight, and blood pressure, and discussing health concerns and goals.

This yearly visit to RescueMD is an opportunity to meet with your healthcare provider on a regular basis so they can assess your physical and cognitive wellness. This preventive care is critical to your long-term health and vitality. 

Does Medicare cover the cost of this doctor's visit?

Medicare typically covers 80% of the Medicare-approved amount for covered services, while the beneficiary is responsible for the remaining 20% as coinsurance. Beneficiaries may also have deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance depending on their specific Medicare plan (Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, or Medicare Supplement plans).

Medicare covers a wide range of preventive services at no cost to beneficiaries, including screenings for conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis, as well as vaccinations, counseling services, and annual wellness visits.

Some Medicare beneficiaries opt for Medicare Advantage plans (Part C), which are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare. These plans often include additional benefits beyond Original Medicare, such as vision, dental, hearing, and wellness programs.

What should I expect during a Medicare visit?

During your appointment, the RescueMD team works with you to get a thorough overview of your current health. You'll fill out a health risk assessment during your visit, talk about your personal and family health history, and discuss any symptoms you've been experiencing. To prepare for your appointment, bring:


  • Immunization records
  • A record of all medications (including supplements) you're taking and your dosage
  • Information about your family health history
  • A list of your healthcare providers and specialists


Once they're up to date on your health, the RescueMD team creates or updates a personalized care plan for you. This plan guides you toward your healthiest life. 

Overall, Medicare visits encompass a variety of medical appointments and services covered by the Medicare program, aimed at promoting preventive care, managing health conditions, and supporting the overall health and well-being of Medicare beneficiaries.

RescueMD is pleased to offer medicare visits to patients in Allen, McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Dallas, and the surrounding areas. Schedule your Medical wellness visit today. Call RescueMD or book it online.


945 Stockton Drive, Ste #6100
Allen, TX 75013
Phone: 972-449-7940
Fax: 972-390-1557

Office Hours

Get in touch